Smart Tweezers™ accurately tests and identify various components including all types of secondary components. Factors checked by a Smart Tweezers are Dissipation Factor, Quality Factor and also includes other functions that result in a more detailed component analysis.
Testing and debugging of miniature SMD components
SMD Components are miniaturized electronic components specifically designed to reduce the physical size of the circuit on the PCB. These are very small components that are mounted on the multiple side PCBs at very close proximity of each other and usually comes without wire leads. This makes it very difficult to test and identify them using conventional test instruments like multi-meters etc. particularly when most of them do not have any markings on them. Multimeters are almost practically useless in most of the cases as a user will have to fiddle around to get its leads touched to SMD component to give any results.
Smart Tweezers™ gives us the most reliable and the easiest way to test and identify the loose SMD and throughhole components. Using this spectacular tool you can easily perform on-board measurements and debugging of circuits with just a touch.
To perform such tasks you need to have reliable tips at the front of any testing tool. To address this need in Smart Tweezers, gold-plated leads (specially designed by IDEAL-TEK S.A. of Switzerland) does the trick. These tips on the front of Smart Tweezers ensures a reliable contacts with SMD and throughhole components.
- Ergonomic Design with a size of 14.0 x 2.5 x 3.0 cm.
- Component Sorting at a tolerance of 1%, 5%, 10% and 20%.
- Automatic Offset Subtraction.
- Measures specific circuit parameters like L/C/R/Z/ESR.
- Helps to understand resistive behavior of capacitors.
- Diode Testing (Polarity Test and Short / Not Tests).
- Wide range of capacitance testing.
- Continuity testing.
- Wide range of resistance testing.
- Null Menu allows storing of measurement offsets to perform relative measurements.
- Automatic best test range selection feature.
- Superior quality, bright and long lasting OLED display to show very readable test and debugging results.
- Higher OLED display resolution 128×32 (dpi).
- Much refined Gold-plated Kelvin Probe is able to grab components as small as 0.3mm in size. Swiss made Gold plated steel tips also ensures that the accuracy is the best in its class.
- Ideal choice for testing, measuring and debugging Surface Mount Devices (SMD).
- Light weight (just 53 grams) and fits your palm very nicely to offer excellent grip, this makes it very convenient for single-hand operations.
- Longer battery life. With a complete charge of 2 hours, it can last up to 80 full hours.
A word on navigation button
A navigation controller button is located at the backside of a Smart Tweezers, next to OLED display, that allows you to select a function and setting. Push the Navigation Controller button left/right/up/down to change a setting or press it to activate the Menu. The quick change navigation allows users to easily change the modes and functions, ie: by pushing the button upward, the test signal levels change.
Care has been taken to ensure that the navigation button is kept at the most convenient location without hindering any of your test and debugging related work.
LI-ION battery for a long lasting life
Smart Tweezers comes with a portable USB charger and a highly reliable 3.7 Volts 150 mAh Li-Ion battery. Forget about battery replacements every other day, now this hand-held device comes with an advantage of Li-Ion Battery that lasts longer and can be charged using any USB Port.
Li-Ion battery is now a standard on the new ST-5S, ST5S-BT, Colibri and Iskra models available at INDE Enterprises. Li-Ion battery was optional for the earlier models (like Smart Tweezers ST-AE).
ST-5S is more efficient, consumes lesser power and lasts longer (for 80 hours) when fully charged. Under normal conditions it should take 2 hours to fully charge. Li-Ion batter on Smart Tweezers got a big thumbs-up from its customers from the Ministry of Defense (India).